Legal Question in Military Law in Maryland

Me vs U.S Army

I would like to sue the army for several offenses, personal and financial jeopardy they have put me into. They have seperated me for failure to adapt after sending me to Mental Health for PTSD and depression, attempting to involuntarily put me in a emergency psychiatric hospital and causing me to fall into a deep state of financial debt which was on its way to being aided. They had once treated me with kindness and attepted to help me cure my depression and PTSD but only to protect their reputation and career due to a past incident of suicide that reuined one former First Sergeants career. When they discovered I was not suicidal they then treated me with the lowest respect of any other soldier in the company. They used persuasion to defer me from filing a official complaint about their actions and seperated me on grounds of failure to adapt as a end result. This has deeply ruined me financially, mentally and I will never have the same credibility in society again.

I had the entire story written out but lost it when the page crashed, sorry for the quality of my description.

Asked on 1/20/09, 4:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip D. Cave Military Law & Justice

Re: Me vs U.S Army

You are prohibited from suing the military under the Supreme Court Feres Doctrine.

Congress has looked at a statute to overrule Feres but each time has failed to pass legislation.

You may still be entitled to medical benefits through the VA, but that's dependent on the reasons for discharge and the quality of discharge you were given.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/09, 2:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Maryland