Legal Question in Military Law in Maryland

Will the military bring him back?

My stbx and I were both told by the judge presiding over our divorce case to be at the next scheduled hearing. Well a couple of days ago, my stbx told his attorney that he just received orders to go somewhere and can't make the trial.

But the other thing was that the judge at our first hearing, said she called the Army Assignment office and was told my stbx has no pending orders!

What can the military do to help us get him here to finish our divorce?

Asked on 12/08/08, 6:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scot Sikes Law Offices of Scot Sikes

Re: Will the military bring him back?

You (or your attorney) are going to have to lean on the authority of the Court to press him (or his attorney) for a copy of said orders. If he has no orders in hand, he can and should be compelled to appear. If he fails to show or provide valid proof that he is indisposed and unable to appear by virtue of military orders, the judge should hold him in contempt.

Read more
Answered on 12/11/08, 6:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Maryland