Legal Question in Personal Injury in Maryland

Do I have until court conference to increase the money I want and if I win how do I get them to pay me within a month.

Asked on 9/14/16, 8:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

A plaintiff (the person suing) needs to ask the court to "amend" the complaint if there is a reason for changing the dollar amount sought.

Judgment collection (if the plaintiff wins) is very heavily fact specific and will depend in large part on the assets of the defendant or whether or not insurance is involved. The law allows for various types of collection activities, such as wage garnishments or bank levies, but unless the plaintiff has significant experience and knowledge of the rules they would be well served by seeking legal counsel.

You are strongly encouraged to seek specific legal advice about any ongoing litigation - this online post offers general legal information but doesn't offer legal advice on a specific situation.

Read more
Answered on 9/21/16, 1:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Maryland