Legal Question in Personal Injury in Maryland

I have an emergency and need an advance loan for 1500. I live in MD. Please I need financial help in state of md

Asked on 8/19/19, 9:25 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Dear Client,

Please pay for the question and I would be more than happy to help you.

Kindest regards,

Dr. Donna Kay Cindy Kakonge, BJ, MA, TESOL, LLB, EdD

Read more
Answered on 8/19/19, 9:27 am
Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

Great caution is urged when looking for an "advance loan" especially for small amounts of money. Some unscrupulous lenders exist and some lend at extremely high interest rates that do not make sense and may violate usury laws.

At a bare minimum, borrowers should carefully review the interest rate and make sure it follows Maryland law. If you have any questions you may contact Maryland's Attorney General for information about what to look out for in "advance loans."

I do not own or manage any part of this site, but frequently try to answer Maryland based questions as do other Maryland barred attorneys. It does not seem like the above Canadian poster is a Maryland attorney. Before you engage anyone for legal services it is a good idea to check with the state licensing board to make sure they are, in fact, a licensed attorney in that state legally able to assist. (In Maryland you can check this out by going to the Court of Appeals website)

While not legal advice, I hope this information helps.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/19, 10:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Maryland