Legal Question in Personal Injury in Maryland

Is is possible for someone who, according to a police report, was at fault for an auto accident to sue the non at fault person for injury damages?

Asked on 8/13/13, 10:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

The police report is not necessarily determinative of who is at fault, and anyone can sue anyone in this situation. The real question is who can prove a claim of negligence in court under the requisite standard of proof. The police report probably wouldn't even be brought up at trial, since the officer was not a witness, although he/she could testify as to any admissions either party made and as to their physical observations of the aftermath.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/13, 12:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Maryland