Legal Question in Personal Injury in Maryland

My son was in jail for approximately 25 days and contracted scabies. Can he sue the county? He was in Charles

County, MD jail

Asked on 6/28/12, 6:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

Your son would have to be able to establish that this was caused by something within the control of the jail system. Depending upon how serious the condition is and how quickly he recovers, it may not be worth it. There is also a pre-suit notice requirement. You should contact a personal injury attorney in your area to discuss this.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/12, 6:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Maryland