Legal Question in Personal Injury in Maryland

I am being sued by an insurance company in regards to an accident that occurred years ago. What type of attorney should I seek?

Asked on 7/14/14, 6:52 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

You are encouraged to immediately consult your own insurance carrier -- usually they will take over providing a defense.

Generally claims must be filed within 3 years. If the accident occurred more than three years before you were sued, it may be barred by the statute of limitations.

I hope the general legal information in this post helps although it is not a substitute for getting personalized legal advice.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/14, 6:57 am
Thomas Valkenet Young & Valkenet

Submit to your own insurer. They will investigate and if they accept coverage, an attorney will be hired at no cost to you. If the claim is denied, then you must hire your own lawyer. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 7/14/14, 7:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Maryland