Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maryland

I own 50% of a single family property in Florida titled joint tenancy with rights of survivorship. I and my ex boyfriend live in Maryland and agreed to sell the property. We hired a realtor and had a buyer lined up. Both of us agreed to the terms and conditions, but he refused to sign the sales contract when it was presented to him. I need to have a court order to sell the house and would like to get that in Maryland since we both live there. Is that possible or do I have to file in Florida?

Asked on 3/22/18, 1:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

No, a Maryland court has no jurisdiction over Florida property. You'll need to involve the Florida courts to get an order to sell Florida property.

Read more
Answered on 4/19/18, 11:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maryland