Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maryland

I have a 12x16 cinder block shed with concrete footing on my property, but a corner of the building is on (1 foot) is on the adjacent property. What can be legally done to kee from moving the shed.

Asked on 7/15/14, 9:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Valkenet Young & Valkenet

You may obtain an easement from the adjacent owner. This is very normal. He may ask for a modest payment, or he may not. Alternately, if the shed had been there for the requisite time, you could claim adverse possession or adverse use to establish a legal right to keep the shed at that location. It will most likely become an issue when the adjacent land is surveyed or sold.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/14, 5:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maryland