Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maryland

I want to build a paintball field on my friends land. he has 18 acres. If he lives in a residential zone how can we go about doing this. would we need a variance?

Asked on 9/04/10, 12:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

The answer is "it depends." It depends on what city and/or county you are located in (they all have different ordinances!). Do you want to charge people to come out to the land and participate in the paintball activities, or will this simply be for you and your friend's, and your friend's friends (and so on) personal fun? Is the property located within a homeowner's or other type of association, which may have certain rules about how you can use the land? Does the local zoning ordinance specifically exclude paintball type activities? An attorney can help you with these issues.

Best of luck.*******The above is for informational purposes only and does not create at attorney-client privilege.*******

Read more
Answered on 9/09/10, 12:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maryland