Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maryland

Homeowner Association Dues

We have several residents who have refused to pay homeowner association dues, many for several years. How can we get them to pay? Can we attach a lien on their propery and if so how do we do that?

Asked on 9/03/08, 2:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eugene Policastri Bromberg, Rosenthal, LLP

Re: Homeowner Association Dues

Association dues are usually covered in the association documents which run with the deed and provide typically for consent to a lien for nonpayment. Counsel can review your documents, put together the demand letters and file for the lien. Foreclosure may be an issue if the deed(s) of trust on the property exceed current fair market value.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/08, 2:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maryland