Legal Question in Tax Law in Maryland

I'm a freelancer and some freelancers outsource their work. I don't have an LLC. What's the best way for me to only pay taxes on money I keep and not pay taxes on the money I have to send the second freelancer who I outsource to? I do eventually plan on forming an LLC. What would be the best way to do it with and without an LLC?

Asked on 8/21/17, 10:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Beatson, II Law Offices of Robert Beatson, II

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your matter will require careful review and analysis of the facts for each tax year. An experienced tax professional should be able to handle this. Please contact me if I can be of any help to you or people you know now or in the future. Please note that a signed engagement letter is required under the MD ethics rules applicable to attorneys in order for this law office to provide professional tax/legal services to you. 30+ years of experience and further information about my law practice is at


Bob Beatson, 8-24-2017, 10:35 p.m. EST


Law Offices of Robert Beatson II

9818 Glynshire Way

Potomac, MD 20854

Tel/Fax 301-340-2951



Practice areas: Tax, business law, computer/high tech/biotech law, intellectual property, trusts/estates/wills, real estate, civil litigation, mediation.

Licensed to practice law in: DC, MD, VA, and NY

ABA Member since 1980

Read more
Answered on 8/24/17, 7:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Maryland