Legal Question in Traffic Law in Maryland

Was in accident involving deer on backroad on Sunday.Went to get a friend to pull me out of ditch and when I got back car was gone.Monday 9am found out where car was towed and it was totaled so I signed over title.Around 3pm police called me to say no accident report could be filled out after 24hrs but was giving me citations on a car at that point I no longer owned.Is that possible?

Asked on 7/16/14, 5:13 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney


An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/14, 5:21 am
Thomas Valkenet Young & Valkenet

Yes. But you don't describe what crime or traffic infraction is charged in the citation. Take it to a law office and let someone read the citation. Then you can discuss a possible defense, and the cost.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/14, 5:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Maryland