Legal Question in Traffic Law in Maryland

I was pulled over in Maryland for no front or back tags. Problem: the tags were there, I called the police station to report the incident and the police officier and they told me to take it to court. I can see the outcome now 19 yr old saying there were tags on the car and police saying there wasn't. I tried to have the police who issued the ticket to really look but he refused and I was afraid to get out of the car to walk around with him. What do I do next I don't want to have to take a day off of work since I just started my apprenticeship and am under job probation for six months but I also don't feel the ticket was fair. Since it was a police officier from the station right around the corner from my home I don't want to be marked because I complained about an officier. Help

Asked on 2/13/13, 5:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

You probably cannot avoid going to court. However, if the tags were registered to that car, you should be able to go to MVA get proof of that fact and presented as a defense when you do go to court.

Read more
Answered on 2/13/13, 8:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Maryland