Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

What can be done in a case when 2 people are part owner of a house and one person has been is still carrying the larger amount of responsibility. This person is manic depressive and with in the last month become out of control. What can I do to protect myself and my investment

Asked on 7/14/10, 7:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Abraham Abraham & Bauer, LLC

Are there only 2 owners or are the 2 owners with other's?

There are too many options to detail them all here. Here are a few: 1 Offer to buy the other party at one half of the total appraised fair market value, 2 sell your share to the other party under the same conditions, 3 it may be possible to sell your share to a third party, and 4 hire an attorney to file a circuit court case called a "Sale in lieu of Partition".

Read more
Answered on 7/14/10, 10:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland