Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

how can I change my secondary person on my medical POA without paying my attorney his high rates

Asked on 2/27/23, 9:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

An advance directive / medical Power of Attorney is a part of standard estate planning. While it may be more economical to go back to the same attorney for edits, every attorney sets their own rates and you are not obligated to use the same attorney for any changes. That said, if you did not want to pay an attorney to assist with changes, Maryland's Attorney General offers a free fill-in-the-blank Medical Advance Directive which can be downloaded from the state's website.

(Note that any medical planning document will still need to be signed in the presence of 2 witnesses).

While not legal advice, I hope that this general information helps!

Read more
Answered on 2/27/23, 9:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland