Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

When my dad died he left me the estate but left my mom in charge of it. But when my mom died she willed it to someone else. What can i do about this?

Asked on 4/21/14, 3:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

You need an attorney to determine your rights. Your mother may have been confused about what was in her estate versus what she controlled as a personal representative, executor, or trustee. However, at this point, nobody can advise you without seeing your father's will and/or trust and your mother's will. You should schedule an office visit with an experienced probate lawyer as soon as possible. There are deadlines for challenging wills.


Read more
Answered on 4/21/14, 8:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland