Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

My house is still in my former married name with my late husband.

I called my attorney, told him I wanted to make up a new deed with my

married name that I have now.

He told me it wasn't necessary.

Is he right? My new will leaves the house to my new husband.

Asked on 9/16/12, 9:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Beatson, II Law Offices of Robert Beatson, II

Contact an experienced trusts and estates/real estate attorney to have this taken care of. 29+ years of experience and further information about my law practice is at

Please contact my office and I will be glad to provide legal support.


Bob Beatson, 9-16-2012, 6:00 p.m. EST


Law Offices of Robert Beatson II

9818 Glynshire Way

Potomac, MD 20854

Tel/Fax 301-340-2951

email: [email protected]


Practice areas: Tax, business law, computer/high tech/biotech law, intellectual property, trusts/estates/wills, real estate, civil litigation, mediation.

Licensed to practice law in: DC, MD, VA, and NY

ABA Member since 1980

This communication contains data that is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any copying or distribution of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error you should notify the sender by email and then delete it from your computer and all storage media.Pursuant to U.S. Treasury Regulations, any Federal tax advice contained in this communication may not be used for avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/12, 2:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland