Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

My husband recently passed and until that time I did not know that when he passed, we should have gotten paper work to change the beneficiary on his IRA, originally I had been named the contingent, his daughter primary and once we were married he ask that they switch it around, we just took for granted that it was done but no paper work can be found now. Is there any chance of getting this changed with no paper work now?

Asked on 12/09/15, 5:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kathryn McDonough Kathryn McDonough

I am very sorry for your loss. It is difficult to answer your question without having some additional information. I would recommend you speak with an attorney familiar with probate matters to get to the bottom of this issue. I handle such matters, so if you would like to talk, please get in touch.

Kathryn McDonough

Attorney and Mediator

8601 Georgia Ave. Suite 206

Silver Spring, MD 20910

Phone: (301) 563-6685

Fax: (301) 563-6681

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 12/28/15, 8:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland