Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

How do I go about getting power of attorney?

Asked on 12/14/18, 4:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

If you are planning for yourself, you simply need to identify someone you trust to handle your finances, have a Power of Attorney drawn up and sit down in front of two witnesses and a notary to sign the document.

If you are talking about becoming the agent for someone else, the planning has to originate from the principal themselves. They should make their own decisions without undue influence or pressure from anyone. If the principal is no longer competent to plan for themselves and needs someone to step in and manage their health and/or finances, the only option may be guardianship proceedings.

Please keep in mind that the general information above is not intended as legal advice.

Read more
Answered on 1/07/19, 8:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland