Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

Can a power of attorney serve as a legal guardian for an adult disabled child of passed on parents?

Asked on 3/22/19, 8:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

If the disabled person gave someone a financial and health care power of attorney there would ordinarily be no need for guardianship. If the disabled person did not have these in place then guardianship proceedings may need to be filed.

If instead you mean the parents had named an agent for themselves, that agency ends at their death.

Read more
Answered on 3/23/19, 6:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland