Legal Question in Business Law in Massachusetts

How to change legal structure from sole proprietor to sole corporation?

Asked on 7/22/16, 10:35 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lawrence Graves Coolidge & Graves PLLC

This is very easy in form -- just incorporate and transfer the assets. But be sure that your CPA is involved before you do anything!

Best wishes,


Read more
Answered on 7/22/16, 10:40 am

It is a simple process of forming the corporation and assigning the assets and liabilities to the corporation. Some complexity will come if you have a lease to assign or are engaged in a profession that requires certification or professional liability or errors and omission insurance, assuming consent is not difficult to obtain from the landlord it is just a little more paperwork.

Please feel free to call me, if you would like to discuss the matter further.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/16, 10:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Massachusetts