Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Massachusetts

My boyfriend and I had a fight, he got abusive and rough with me I called the police and told them that he had forced himself on me and beaten me, even tried to put a bag over my head. He is being charged with attempt to murder, rape, and assault and battery. However, I want the charges dropped, I don't want to have anything to do with this case anymore. I'm also not sure if I am the one pressing charges or if the commonwealth is. I need to know my rights about ending this nightmare. PLEASE HELP ME

Asked on 12/07/09, 10:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

I strongly recommend that you contact the Victim Rights Law Center in Boston. They are a non-profit organization that provides general representation to victims of sexual assault. They are well-equipped to help you in dealing with the police, the ADA, etc.

You can get more information about the VRLC and learn how to contact them at

Read more
Answered on 12/12/09, 8:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Massachusetts