Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Massachusetts

I am renting a garage to a tenant for his car.he owes 7 months rent haven't seen or heard from him.come to find out he has passed away.his car is in my garage still what can I do about money owed to me?he has no family

Asked on 2/27/16, 9:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonas Jacobson Law Offices of Jonas Jacobson

You can open up a probate on his behalf, file as a creditor of the estate, and seek to sell the car to recover your arrears. The balance, if any, will be paid to the public administrator.

Read more
Answered on 3/15/16, 8:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Massachusetts