Legal Question in Consumer Law in Massachusetts

I have a dispute with local piano dealer in Hyde Park MA. They have failed to sell my piano after many years and so I decided to take it back to use it. Then they refused saying I owed them many fees which were not part of our agreement. It seems clearly a case of conversion or just trying to acquire my piano for little or no money.

I live in Minneapolis so going to the local courthouse is a great expense for me in time and money. How can I proceed?


B. Duckwall

Asked on 5/26/15, 2:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mildred Phillips Mildred N. Phillips, Attorney at Law

Make a 30-day written demand for return of the piano. Then, if your demand is ignored or denied, you would then file lawsuit to force the return of the piano at the expiration of the 30-day demand. Regrettably, you may have to travel to Massachusetts to litigate the case.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/15, 2:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Massachusetts