Legal Question in Criminal Law in Massachusetts

My son received a notice to appear before a magistrate on a complaint issued by campus police regarding an incident where he was restrained and taken into PC for public intoxication

During the incident he took a swing at one of the officers

He did not make contact but the complaint is for disorderly conduct ,resisting arrest and assault and battery on public employe.

It says its a misdemeanor and he was never arrested

This is first (hopefully last) time he has ever been in trouble and was due to having to much alcohol

Do I need to hire an attorney to attend this appearance before magistrate?

Wondering what is likely to come of the appearance and if it is to determine whether there is probable cause to then have him arrested ?

Asked on 9/22/13, 7:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig J. Tiedemann Kajko, Weisman & Colasanti, LLP

The chances of success at the clerk's hearing are much better with counsel present. Feel free to contact me to discuss further.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/13, 6:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Massachusetts