Legal Question in Elder Law in Massachusetts

I live in Massachusetts , I a'm Conservator for my Sister in Connecticut , my difficult question is : How do I bring my Sister, from a CT nursing home , to live in a Massachusetts nursing home ?? Hope to get a possible answer ??

Asked on 6/29/13, 11:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Are you also her Guardian or do you have a Durable Power of Attorney which gives you authority to move your sister out of state?

If not you will have to petition the CT court for permission to move her to MA. I would consult directly with a CT Probate Attorney, who should be able to assist you properly.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/13, 11:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Massachusetts