Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

I file a complaint for modification and was hear on June 20 2013. The judgement on complaint for modification was as follows

Mothers child support obligation to father shall continue for so long as he attends college.father shall provide proof of college admission and enrollment to mother within 30 days. My question is if he doesnt provide proof of college. Can I request in the motion for contempt that I file that my orginal request on the complaint for modification be granted. I asked for the child support order be closed. We all reside in MA

Asked on 6/29/13, 8:23 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

If he does not provide proof within 30 days you can file a contempt motion and ask that child supprt payments be stopped.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/13, 11:56 am

henry lebensbaum Law Offices of Henry Lebensbaum (978-749-3606)

what i would add is to make the demand in a writing, such as an email, letter or certified letter.

you may also want to have a lawyer assist you.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/13, 12:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts