Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

My granddaughter lives with her mother and her great aunt who watches her. The mother lets me have regular contact with the child. The great aunt says things about me in front of my granddaughter which is then repeated to me. Do I have any recourse for alienation of affection?

Asked on 9/22/17, 11:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky

Alienation of affections is an old form of action for someone who violated caused a spouse to leave the marriage. It was abolished some years ago. I don't see how you can sue for alienation of affection for causing your granddaughter to dislike you.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/17, 5:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts