Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

My wife and I were legally separated for 11 months, documented in Family Court by petitions, then got together for another 11 months before the filing by my wife that led to the divorce in July, 2011. Can I subtract the 11 month legal separation from the 18 years, 2 months length of marriage using the final petition for divorce date? This would result in 17 years and 3 months LOM.

Asked on 6/20/22, 11:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky

You have a good argument. If you are negotiating maybe the other side will accept it. If not, try to compromise in the middle. If you are at trial you should make the argument to the Judge.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/22, 6:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts