Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

I was wondering if it might be possible to hire an attorney to help me file a custody modification. My ex is a very successful DR during our divorce He got custody at the hearing for Temp Orders and by the trial date, I would agree to anything because I knew I would be with the kids all the time, it breaks my heart to say he doesn't care about them( or really anything but himself). For 3 yrs he has had no involvement in school or medical, 2 yrs care taking. He is do confident he can manipulate the system that he hasn't even given th appearance of being a good dad. In other words I think I have a good case. Any ideas?

Asked on 10/04/13, 5:41 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

James Thomas Kinder Law Office of James Thomas Kinder

Good Morning;

I am sorry to hear of your difficulty. Yes, Child Custody may be modified. Of course, whether or not it will be Modified is heavily dependent upon the facts of the original orders and your [ and your Husband's] current circumstances. The Court, when considering such a Modification, is going to take these variables into consideration, as well as the best interests of the child/ren.

Whether or not you have a good case, again, will depend on the factors above. I would be happy to discuss this matter with you.

I hope this answer was helpful.

All the best.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/13, 6:11 am
Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky

The facts that you present are not sufficient to allow an attorney to discuss the specifics of your case. I would be happy to give you an appointment to discuss your situation in more detail.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/13, 6:35 am
Bill Farias Law offices of Bill Farias

Child custody issues are very fact-specific and it's difficult to analyze your circumstances without details. A consultation would be necessary.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/13, 4:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts