Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Massachusetts

I am a member of a homeowners association in Massachusetts who are calling for a vote to assess each house in the association money's above the annual H O A 's to retain an attorney against a club that I am also a member. Am I protected from being forced to pay this assessment if passed ?

Asked on 12/17/15, 10:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonas Jacobson Law Offices of Jonas Jacobson

No. Massachusetts condominium laws require you to pay now, and dispute later. Sorry. You might write "under protest" or some such thing on the check so that your payment can't be used against you later. In such a case, I think you need to talk to a lawyer, and take his or her advice ahead of this generalized friendly suggestion, which is not to be construed as legal advice.

Read more
Answered on 1/04/16, 2:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Massachusetts