Legal Question in Immigration Law in Massachusetts

I'm from Brazil and I'm studying in a English School here in Boston. I am staying in a Student dormitory. The English School is the owner of this dormitory. I have arthritis and I have to take a really expensive medication called Humira (Adalimumab - USD 2,600). I brought my medication from Brazil and I put this medication inside the refrigerator of the dormitory (because the medication must be between 2 and 8 Celcius degrees). One day I arrived at the dormitory and realized that the refrigerator was unplugged, in other words, my medication became spoiled (damaged) because it wasn't between 2 and 8 Celcius degrees. The English School doesn't want to pay that value of the medication, but I think that they should pay because I am staying in their dormitory and in the first day I arrived I said that I needed a safe refrigerator to put my expensive medication. So they knew about the expensive medication since the begining. Now I have no money to pay for a new medication and I can be really sick if I don't take this medication. Do you think they must pay?

Asked on 3/18/13, 4:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Sorry to hear about your circumstances. Unfortunately, this is not a U.S. Immigration & Nationality question. This is a State Civil Litigation question. You will need to ask a "Civil" Attorney in Massachusetts regarding your problem.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/13, 12:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Massachusetts