Legal Question in Immigration Law in Massachusetts

i am a permanent resident of the u.s.a and i go in and out for the country for a family emergency 2 time this year.i quit my job so i can take care of my granmother back in my country. went i got back in country at the airport imagration they tell me da a will lose my permanent resident if i go out of the u.s.a 4 time in 1 this true

and will i lose my permanent resident for this?

Asked on 6/03/12, 10:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Namita Agarwal Agarwal Law Offices

Yes, you may lose your green card if you suggest to USCIS that you have abandoned your residency by staying out of the U.S. for more than 6 months at a time. You may still travel for longer periods of time, but you must file an I-131, Application for Travel Document while you are in the U.S. first.

Hope this helps.

Agarwal Law Offices 978-905-9992

Read more
Answered on 7/09/12, 5:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Massachusetts