Legal Question in Immigration Law in Massachusetts

My son hi is citizen will be 21 years old on August 7 this year, can I already apply for my documents (grenn card) in May?

Asked on 4/03/17, 11:44 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If you had a lawful entry, or are grandfathered under INA sec 245i, then your son can petition you once he turns 21. However, if you entered unlawfully & aren't "grandfathered" under 245i, you would have to consular process & file a waiver of inadmissibility. If the waiver is not approved, then you could face a bar to re-entry, depending on the amount of unlawful presence you have accrued.

I highly recommend that you seek a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to ensure that your case is not improperly filed.

Good luck to you & your son.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/17, 1:15 pm
Charles Medina Law Office of Charles Medina

You have to wait until your son turns 21 in August before filing the petition. We suggest you to consult with an immigration attorney to discuss your options.

You may visit our website at for our featured cases that cover the most complicated areas of immigration law. Our telephone number is 714-786-6835 and email is [email protected] Thank you.

The above reply is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/17, 3:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Massachusetts