Legal Question in Employment Law in Massachusetts

From Massachusetts, former terminated police officer (wrongfully) based on "public policy" after winning my "binding arbitration" it was appealed to superior court and judge reversed my reinstatement. The judge was clearly inaccurate on, without exaggeration, at minimum of 70% of his factual account from the record and he also was lawfully incorrect on some issues. It was a horribly written decision. He chose to not agree with arbitrator but the previous hearings officers report which we proved to be incorrect. Overall it is just a very messy arbitration and decision by a superior court judge. My question is that is there anywhere where I could research inaccurate decisions by superior court judges and is it immediate grounds for a reversal of the superior court decision based on his inaccurate factual accounts and errors of law? Thanks

Asked on 11/11/13, 4:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonas Jacobson Law Offices of Jonas Jacobson

You need to appeal the decision of the Superior Court reversing the decision of the arbitrator. An arbitrator can only be reversed for abuse of discretion. You have thirty days in which to appeal. I would be glad to look at your materials, and to discuss your case with you at no obligation. Due to the timing issue, you should schedule a meeting ASAP.

Appellate Attorney

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 11/14/13, 10:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Massachusetts