Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Massachusetts

how do I get my adult children to vacate the family home so that it can be sold?

Asked on 3/16/17, 7:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Skinner, III Associated Attorneys of New England

You COULD sell it with the children still in it and make the buyer evict them- but that will hurt the selling price.

So, you have to either convince them to leave voluntarily, or Evict them yourself.

We may be able to Evict them for you for free and list the property for sale depending on where you are located.

Read more
Answered on 3/16/17, 7:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Massachusetts