Legal Question in Personal Injury in Massachusetts

car was totaled by commercial lumber truck from R.I. on a MA. highway..

commercial lumber truck insurance co claims full liability

out of pocket money used ( 20k) for car purchase...

can I regroup this money within my demand package ??

Asked on 5/31/13, 6:11 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC.

If you were harmed as a result of the negligence of another person or entity, you can recover any all damages reasonably caused by that person's conduct. The object of the law is to make you whole. In that respect, if your car valued at $10,000.00 was destroyed, you are entitled to $10,000.00, not the cost of a brand new car. It is often wise to have representation in dealing with insurance companies, as they will be quick to point out damages to which you are not entitled, but they will certainly not help you claim money you have a right to demand.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/13, 6:19 am

David Green Law Offices of Christopher Sullivan

Maybe. Sometimes insurance companies will consider the damage, but you are always better off with an attorney on these types of cases, as insurance companies will often try to settle for less money when somone is not represented. Please feel free to contact me if you would like some help with this situation.

David Green

[email protected]

(617) 357-8600 x 103

Read more
Answered on 5/31/13, 6:28 am

You have left out a lot of facts and unclear what "demand package" you are talking about. Generally you are entitled to be made whole. Going at this on your own you will get what you pay for. Best luck. JBS

Read more
Answered on 5/31/13, 2:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Massachusetts