Legal Question in Personal Injury in Massachusetts

When I was a kid I got hit buy a car...we when to court and there was a settlement of 13,000...we was told I can't go near it until I'm 18....and now I'm 18..and my mom won't tell me how to go about getin it/she said she use it all...but in court I was told I was the only one that what should I do?

Asked on 12/01/09, 10:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Lee Gregory P. Lee, Attorney at Law

You need to go through the uncomfortable experience of seeking an accounting of the proceeds from your mother. You should start by going to the Court and getting a copy of the judgment or approval of the agreement. You will probably then need to go to Probate and Family Court. This is likely to strain relations between you and your mother.

Read more
Answered on 12/07/09, 10:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Massachusetts