Legal Question in Personal Injury in Massachusetts

Can I sue my stepmother for abusing me physically, emotionally, and psychologically when I was around 7-9 years old?

I am currently 26 years and I reside in California.

This happened in Massachusetts and she is still there.

Asked on 7/25/13, 5:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

I am interpreting your question to ask about the statute of limitations. You probably can bring suit but there is no guarantee, depending how the evidence develops, that you would not lose the case based on the statute of limitations. This would seem to be a difficult case to maintain and to prove, and proving damages might be difficult. Collecting a judgment can also be challenging. Would seem you would need to hire a Massachusetts lawyer to pursue this case on your behalf. Best luck. JBS

Read more
Answered on 7/26/13, 4:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Massachusetts