Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Massachusetts

2-family in Massachusetts being sold---buyers want to live in house--need both units--tenants are tenants at will and been there less than 1 year-----what kind of notice to vacate is needed--what length of time is required--should buyer or seller give notice to vacate

Asked on 7/25/18, 5:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC

I strongly encourage you to retain counsel.

Our office handles both courtroom litigation - like evictions - as well as the purchase and sale of real estate. You may want an attorney in your area who can do both. If you are going to get the tenants out before the buyers purchase the property, you will need to send an appropriate notice to quit. The type of notice depends on your tenancy, i.e. lease, at will, etc.

Your attorney can assist you with the type of notice and strategizing the best way to go about this in order to sell your property.

Read more
Answered on 8/02/18, 2:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Massachusetts