Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Massachusetts

We have apurchase ande sale agreement for a vacant lot that is 3 yrs. old. A deposit of 30,000 was given to the sellers. About a 11/2 ago the wife was deathly ill and signed the property over to inlaws who were informed about the P&S aggreement. They now have the property up for slae. We hadn't placed a lean-

Asked on 3/19/11, 9:47 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC

You need to hire an attorney. At the very least, you should be entitled to the return of your deposits in light of the seller's potential breach of the purchase and sale agreement.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/11, 10:25 am
Warren Wood Law Offices of Warren Wood

If you require assistance in sorting this out and recovering your original investment or getting specific performance, we will be glad to assist you. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/11, 10:42 am
Craig J. Tiedemann Kajko, Weisman & Colasanti, LLP

Does the P&S indicate a specific date for the contemplated purchase? And, if so, why did the sale not then occur? There are a million other relevant qwuestions. Your contract should immediately be reviewed by an attorney. Contact me to discuss this if you wish.

Read more
Answered on 3/23/11, 6:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Massachusetts