Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Massachusetts

What are my legal rights with a granted right of way over personal property. Have right of way access to my property but owner of road refuses to maintain the road and it is getting impassable. The town has funds for private roads and would repair the road but owner will not grant permission. What are my rights in having access to my home and requiring the road owner to do necessary repairs.

Asked on 4/14/14, 6:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Without reading your rights and that of the owner related to the right of way, no one can tell you accurately what your rights are.

However, if you have an easemant you may have the right to maintain the road way in which case the Town should only require your consent to fix the private road.

I recommend you contact a local real estate attorney for assistance in thsi matter.

Read more
Answered on 4/14/14, 8:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Massachusetts