Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Massachusetts

I have lived in my house since 1992 I landscaped my back yard to where I was told by the old owner was the corner of the lot which was woods.i planted grass bushes retaining walls ect maintained it watered mowed ect 20 plus years new guy moves into the house next store surveys the lot my bushes go through the corner of the lot he now cutting my bushes down and is telling me he is building a barn where my yard is which is his propity unknown to me what can I do

Asked on 4/09/14, 5:13 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Raymond Weicker Weicker Law, PLLC

Adverse possession ADR and judgment from the Land Court seem to be the way to go.

Read more
Answered on 4/09/14, 5:24 pm

File suit for Adverse possession and seek judgment from Land Court or in Superior Court. I suggest you contact an attorney in your area as soon as possible. If you do not have an attorney, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 4/09/14, 6:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Massachusetts