Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Massachusetts


my mom lived in Massachusetts but now lives in Georgia. She owns a home in Massachusetts with my sister and she wants to have her name removed from the home. I believe she can do a quit claim deed. My sister is coming to visit her in Georgia. Can we do the quit claim deed while my sister is here and what does it entail. Thanks

Asked on 8/07/18, 6:16 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Yes. She has to have a deed drafted and it notarized in Georgia.

Read more
Answered on 8/07/18, 10:42 am
Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC

Thank you for your question.

Your mother can execute a quitclaim deed transferring her ownership to your sister. It must be properly executed wherever your mother is. You are advised to retain counsel to assist you in a large transaction like this.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/18, 2:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Massachusetts