Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Massachusetts

I recently purchased a house and having trouble with water getting in the basement. I patched most of the Holes myself but half my basement is finished and dont know if my workmanship warranty will cover it.

Asked on 6/18/13, 1:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

It is unclear if you are mason or licensed tradesman. Unless you are worried about invalidating a home warranty or you are planning to sell the property, I am not sure I understand the quesiton.

If you are trying to determine if the work you did meets the code or needs to be inspected by a local building inspector, the answer is you need to look at your local building code to determine if the work you are doing requires a permit. if it does, I suggest you go get a permit and have the home inspected to make sure you complied with the local and state building codes. This will protect you should you sell the home in the future.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/13, 2:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Massachusetts