Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Massachusetts

I am renting an apartment. My name is on lease. I shared the apartment with a married couple. Their names are not on lease. They all of a sudden vacated apartment without paying rent and with one day notice. I only have email conversations as proof. Can I proceed legally? I am not losing much money but I want to teach them a lesson so that they will not do this to some one else.

Asked on 10/16/09, 10:49 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

you can file a claim in small claims court and argue that they were month to month tenants based on the emails and their occupancy.

Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 10/22/09, 9:18 am

henry lebensbaum Law Offices of Henry Lebensbaum (978-749-3606)

The purpose is not to teach anyone a lesson. The purpose is to recoup money.

Read more
Answered on 11/30/09, 5:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Massachusetts