Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Massachusetts

I am a selling my house on my own in Lowell MA.I am looking for a real estate attorney that can assist me,preferably flat fee. In need of paperwork supplied by attorney,offer to purchase and purchase and sale agreement ,of which I will need reviewed by attorney when buyer signs.Also possibly need attorney to come to closing with me at Registry of deeds in Lowell Can anyone recommend an attorney that can assist me with this process? Thanks for your time

Asked on 4/21/14, 2:52 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Stephen Allen Rubenstein & Associates, PC

Hello -- My name is Steve Allen and I am a Real Estate Attorney based out of Framingham, specializing in residential real estate transactions. When representing a Seller, I draft and negotiate the Purchase and Sale agreement, and draft the Deed (and usually a power of attorney) and attend closing for or with my clients.

Please email [email protected] for more information, including my flat fee rate. Thanks.

Read more
Answered on 4/21/14, 3:56 pm
Raymond Weicker Weicker Law, PLLC

You can contact our office in Chelmsford (25 Fletcher Street). We handle numerous real estate transactions and have the capability to file documents with the Registry of Deeds directly from our office. [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 4/21/14, 5:34 pm

Most attorneys who act as Seller's counsel will should be willing to do it for a flat fee baring unusual circumstances such as needing to clear title due to a missing discharge of a prior mortgage. If you purchased owner's title insurance when you bought the property, it can be used to cover the cost of any missing discharges prior to purchase of the home.

I am located in Boston and would be willing to act your attorney for a flat fee. Other than reviewing a P&S and the offer agreement, the only other essential requirement is that he prepare a deed for you to sign and hold any escrowed funds for the sale.

Feel free to call me at 617.406.4500 or email me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 4/21/14, 5:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Massachusetts