Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Massachusetts

My boyfriend & I have jointly owned our home for almost 3 years now. I have been a stay at home Mom for our children for the past 7 years. We have decided to call it quits and I need to know what my rights are. I am not working and cannot just up & leave with 3 children. One of which is in an out-of-district special needs school being paid for by the district that we live in. I need some direction here.

Asked on 3/07/16, 7:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonas Jacobson Law Offices of Jonas Jacobson

You have several issues, first: you need a paternity agreement with your boyfriend. Second, you need to resolve who owns the house. It is not advisable that you both own it. Where you have the three kids and they are in school, it may make sense that you have it. Get a lawyer, in any case: 617-230-2779

Read more
Answered on 3/15/16, 8:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Massachusetts