Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Massachusetts

Am I entitled, as a beneficiary, to see an accounting of funds from my dad’s estate. My sister has totally mismanaged the accounts.

Asked on 4/30/20, 12:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Fanger Alan S. Fanger, Esq.

The answer is yes. Under the Uniform Trust Code, you have the right to an annual accounting of the trust, as long as you make the request of the trustee in writing. The request should probably come from an attorney, as it is more likely to trigger compliance.

Read more
Answered on 4/30/20, 12:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Massachusetts